Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Welcome to bewilderment!

Here on my new blog I will post any and all things that I want, from reviews of comics, movies, music, TV, and books to shamlessly promoting my own work and fighting back against the threats that are coming in from my graphic novel that is in the works called 'The Society for the Remarkable Suicide' which has just gotten a boost by getting great artist and friend Rob Carey on board as an artist...

I guess that the people who have a problem with the book have only read the title and therefore taken an instant dislike to the book.  How these people can judge a book by its title alone is beyond me, they also think that the book is a guide to suicide, which it is not, it is however in essence a love story, a tale of two people that join this Society and in their planning of their suicides find a reason to live.  Sure there are scenes of graphic and over the top suicidal acts, I can't deny that, but it through seeing both side, the love and the horror, that it will make you think about the book and suicide.

For me the book is about finding a reason to live and also promoting the fact that we never know what lies around the corner so sticking around for another day is worth it...

I've attached a piece of art from a friend who has created pieces inspired by the book...

This is 'Joyce' by Barry Mcgowan

Stay tuned for more and visit the store and buy a hard copy or download of a book to help support the production of more books, including Society for the Remarkable Suicide, from me... thanks... http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=2480284

No comments:

Post a Comment